Module 1: Label Basics
Table Of Contents
- Label Basics
- Parts of the Label
- Special Issues
- Applying the Principles of Pesticide Label Review
- Emerging Issues and Course Completion
Section 7: What are the principles of pesticide label review?
- The four core principles of quality labeling are clarity, accuracy, consistency with EPA policy, and enforceability.
- Mandatory statements are intended to be enforceable, and advisory statements are intended to be informational.
- How can the label reviewer ensure that a label is consistent with EPA policies?
Refer to the Label Review Manual and to underlying regulations and policy documents.
- How should advisory statements be written?
In factual or nondirective terms.