Module 2: Parts of the Label
Table Of Contents
- Label Basics
- Parts of the Label
- Special Issues
- Applying the Principles of Pesticide Label Review
- Emerging Issues and Course Completion
Section 2: What is on the back panel?
Worker Protection Labeling on the Back Panel
Products subject to the Worker Protection Standard have special requirements that affect the following back panel label parts, which will be discussed further in Module 3:
- Precautionary statements: The four types of worker protection statements that generally appear in the precautionary statements include:
- Handler personal protective equipment (PPE) statement: Addresses handler PPE requirements.
- User safety requirement statements that address how to handle contaminated PPE: Provides instructions for cleaning and maintaining PPE, and sometimes for disposing of heavily contaminated PPE.
- Engineering controls statement: Describes any reductions or modifications to handler PPE requirements that may be made in the presence of certain engineering controls (e.g., closed systems, enclosed cabs, lock and load containers).
- User safety recommendations: Provides appropriate user safety information.
- Directions for use: The four types of worker protection statements that generally appear in the directions for use include:
- Required statements.
- Agricultural use requirements referral statement for supplemental labeling.
- Agricultural use requirements statement.
- Statements for products with both Worker Protection Standard and non-Worker Protection Standard uses.