Module 3: Special Issues
Table Of Contents
- Label Basics
- Parts of the Label
- Special Issues
- Applying the Principles of Pesticide Label Review
- Emerging Issues and Course Completion
Section 3: What are directions for use?
- Directions for use describe how the product can legally be used and how the product must not be used.
- Directions for use can include the following nine standard elements in the following order: 1) “Directions for Use” heading, 2) use classification statement, 3) misuse and related statements, 4) WPS requirements, 5) “[General] Instructions and Information” subheading, 6) use restrictions, 7) chemigation information, 8) spray drift language, and 9) endangered species statement.
- Who should be able to easily understand directions for use?
Any user, and especially the general consumer, who is a nontechnical and occasional user.
- What misuse statement must appear on all registered pesticides and experimental use permits?
“It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.”