Module 3: Special Issues
Table Of Contents
- Label Basics
- Parts of the Label
- Special Issues
- Applying the Principles of Pesticide Label Review
- Emerging Issues and Course Completion
Section 5: What is worker protection labeling?
- WPS establishes standards and labeling requirements for worker protection.
- Products subject to WPS include products that bear directions for use on an agricultural establishment or involving the production of an agricultural plant, or that bear labeling that could reasonably permit such a use. Exceptions are outlined in Chapter 10 of the Label Review Manual.
- What is the worker risk assessment based on?
Toxicological criteria and potential for dermal, ocular, oral, or inhalation exposure.
- Are products used on livestock or other animals subject to WPS?