Module 3: Special Issues
Table Of Contents
- Label Basics
- Parts of the Label
- Special Issues
- Applying the Principles of Pesticide Label Review
- Emerging Issues and Course Completion
Section 6: How should I review worker protection labeling?
- The correct handler PPE is determined by comparing the product-specific handler PPE specified in a product's acute toxicity review with the chemical-specific handler PPE requirements specified in the regulatory assessment document.
- The four main parts of the agricultural use requirements box include: required statements, agricultural use requirements referral statement for supplemental labeling, agricultural use requirements statements, and statements for products with both WPS and non-WPS uses.
- To determine REIs, refer to the regulatory assessment document, Supplement Three-A of PR Notice 93-7, or Chapter 10 of the Label Review Manual.
- What is the minimum baseline PPE for all end-use occupational use products?
Long-sleeved shirt, long pants, socks, and shoes.
- What are the four kinds of agricultural use requirements statements?
Required statements, restricted entry statements, early entry PPE statements, and notification-to-workers statements.
- If Toxicity Category III is the most severe acute toxicity category assigned to the acute dermal, eye irritation, and skin irritation data for all of the active ingredients, what is the length of the required REI?