Module 4: Applying the Principles of Pesticide Label Review
Table Of Contents
- Label Basics
- Parts of the Label
- Special Issues
- Applying the Principles of Pesticide Label Review
- Emerging Issues and Course Completion
Section 4: How should I review for accuracy?
- Chapters 7, 8, and 9 provide guidance for ensuring the accuracy of precautionary statements.
- Chapter 11 of the Label Review Manual provides guidance for ensuring the accuracy of application timing, methods, rates, and rates, as well as other directions for use elements.
- What statement is required if field studies or accident history indicate that the use of a pesticide may result in fatality to birds, fish, or mammals?
“This pesticide is extremely toxic to [birds], [mammals], [fish], or [birds and mammals and fish].”
- If an error is discovered in the directions for use portion of a registered label, what should you do?
Contact the registrant about the error(s) and request that the registrant submit a corrected label within a suitable time frame.
- Are registrants required to have data to support efficacy claims?