MITC (methyl isothiocyanate)
Conventional Pesticide - Chemical Review Manager: Heather Garvie (firstname.lastname@example.org), 703-308-0034
Antimicrobial Pesticide - Chemical Review Manager: Eliza Blair (email@example.com), 703-308-7279
- Documents related to EPA's review of this pesticide can be found in the following docket(s):
- Visit Regulations.gov for information about other pesticide reregistration chemicals.
- Amended Reregistration Eligibility Decision (RED) - May 2009
- Metam Sodium. Errata for the Registration Eligibility Decision (RED) for Methyldithiocarbamate Salts - Metam Sodium/Potassium and Methyl Isothiocyanate (MITC) - August 27, 2008
- Reregistration Eligibility Decision (RED)(PDF) - July 2008 (142 pp, 2.3 MB, About PDF)
- RED Fact Sheet (PDF) - July 2008 (8 pp, 76k, About PDF)
Federal Register Notices
- Chloropicrin, Dazomet, Metam Sodium/Potassium, and Methyl Bromide Reregistration Eligibility Decisions; Notice of Availability; Extension of Comment Period [August 29, 2008], comment period closed on October 30, 2008
- Metam Sodium, Metam Potassium and Chloropicrin; Notice of Receipt of Requests for Amendments to Delete Uses in Certain Pesticide Registrations [August 20, 2008] - The deletions are effective 2-17-09 unless EPA receives a written withdrawl request from the registrant on or before that date. Users who desire continued use on crops or sites being deleted should contact the registrant on or before 2-17-09.
- Chloropicrin, Dazomet, Metam Sodium/Potassium, and Methyl Bromide Reregistration Eligibility Decisions; Notice of Availability [July 16, 2008], comment period closed on September 15, 2008