Antimicrobial Pesticide - Chemical Review Manager: Seiichi Murasaki (firstname.lastname@example.org), 703-347-0163
EPA has completed its reregistration eligibility decisions (RED) for the heavy duty wood preservatives chromated arsenicals, pentachlorophenol, and creosote. In general, EPA has determined that the compounds contribute benefits to society and are eligible for reregistration provided the mitigation measures and associated label changes identified in the REDs are implemented and required data are submitted. In its risk assessments, the Agency identified risks of concern associated with occupational exposure (i.e., treatment plant workers) to all three preservatives and ecological exposure to pentachlorophenol and creosote.
- Documents related to EPA's review of this pesticide can be found in the following docket(s):
- Visit Regulations.gov for information about other pesticide reregistration chemicals.
Federal Register Notices
- Chromated Arsenicals, Pentachlorophenol, Creosote Reregistration Eligibility Decisions; Notice of Availability [November 19, 2008]
- Pentachlorophenol Revised Risk Assessments; Notice of Availability and Solicitation of Risk Reduction Options [April 16, 2008], comment period closed on June 16, 2008
- Notice of Availability of the Preliminary Risk Assessment (PRA) for Pentachlorophenol (PCP) [November 30, 2004], comment period closed on January 31, 2005