Chemical Review Manager: Tom Myers (email@example.com), 703-308-8589
- Documents related to EPA's review of this pesticide can be found in the following docket(s):
- EPA-HQ-OPP-2002-0354 for Phosmet
- EPA-HQ-OPP-2005-0061 for Azinphos-Methyl
- EPA-HQ-OPP-2008-0834 for Phosmet
- EPA-HQ-OPP-2002-0354 - Notice of Receipt of Requests to Voluntarily Cancel Certain Pesticide Registrations
- Risk assessment and related documents for this pesticide have been removed to Special Docket EPA-HQ-OPP-2007-0151.
- Visit Regulations.gov for information about other pesticide reregistration chemicals.
Settlement Agreement - January 31, 2006
- Fact Sheet - Settlement Agreement Regarding Azinphos-methyl and Phosmet - EPA has reached a settlement with the United Farm Workers and the other public interest plaintiffs who brought a lawsuit against the Agency in January 2004 in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington regarding the pesticides azinphos methyl (AZM) and phosmet. The settlement agreement effectively stays the legal challenge pending EPA's reconsideration of the "time limited" uses of these pesticides, scheduled for reevaluation later in 2006.
- Agreement can be found in Regulations.gov in the following docket EPA-HQ-OPP-2005-0061.
- Summary of Phosmet Final Decision - EPA's decision on nine uses of the organophosphate (OP) pesticide phosmet will lengthen most restricted entry intervals (REIs) and impose additional mitigation measures to protect workers and bystanders.
- Phosmet Final Decision Document (PDF) - January 18, 2007 (43 pp, 426k, About PDF)
- Reregistration Eligibility Decision (RED)(PDF) (135 pp, 1.7 MB, About PDF) - July 2006
- Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision (IRED)(PDF) - October 30, 2001 (131 pp, 417k, About PDF)
- Fact Sheet - October 31, 2001. EPA announced new restrictions on the use of phosmet to increase protection of agricultural workers and assure that vital agricultural needs are met. This fact sheet and press release summarize this Interim Reregistration Eligibility Decision.
Federal Register Notices
- Azinphos-methyl, Disulfoton, Esfenvalerate, Ethylene oxide, Fenvalerate, et al.; Tolerance Actions [September 11, 2009].
- Azinphos-methyl, Disulfoton, Esfenvalerate, Ethylene oxide, Fenvalerate, et al.; Proposed Tolerance Actions , [December 31, 2008], comments accepted through March 2, 2009.
- Azinphos-methyl and Phosmet Proposed Decisions; Notice of Availability [June 9, 2006], comment period closed on August 8, 2006
- Availability of Interim Risk Management Document [November 28, 2001], comment period closed on January 28, 2002
- F.R. Notice Vol. 66, Number 178, Pages 47657-47658 [September 13, 2001], comment period closed on November 13, 2001
- F.R. Notice Vol. 65, Number 54, Pages 14967-14969 [March 20, 2000], comment period closed on May 19, 2000
- F. R. Notice Vol. 64, Number 10, Pages 2644-2646 [January 15, 1999], comment period closed on March 16, 1999