Notifications to Workers and Handlers
Agricultural employers announce or post signs showing workers and handlers where pesticides are applied so they can stay out of the area and avoid unnecessary exposure.
Read the details of the proposed changes and the rationale before you comment.
All your comments are welcome but we have specific questions for you on changes to Notifications to Workers and Handlers:
A. Posted Notification Timing & Oral Notification
ii. Recordkeeping of Oral Notification.
- For outdoor production, EPA proposes to allow the option of oral warning or posted notification for products with an REI of 48 hours or less. Is there a different time period that would better balance the costs of compliance with the expected risk reduction?
- Will the proposed requirements for posting instead of oral warnings provide sufficient benefit for workers to warrant the additional burden placed on agricultural employers?
- Should EPA require recordkeeping for oral notification? If so, why?
B. Locations of Warning Sign
- Are there preferable alternatives to the proposed option for posting locations that EPA has not considered? If so, please describe and provide data to support the alternative.
C. Warning Sign Content
- Should EPA consider replacing the current or proposed general field posting sign with risk-based reentry signs? What would be the costs and benefits of using risk-based signs?