Jump to main content.
Policy and Guidance
DRAFT FOR 60-day PUBLIC COMMENT - Process for Establishing & Implementing Alternative Approaches to Traditional in vivo Acute Toxicity Studies (8 pp, 136 kb)
- Advances in Genetic Toxicology and Integration of in vivo Testing into Standard Repeat Dose Studies
- Antimicrobial Policies and Guidance - Guidance, science policy and protocols for registering antimicorbial pesticides.
Technical Science Section (DIS/TSS) Efficacy Documents - In
addition to data requirements that apply to all pesticides, pesticides
designed to control microbial pests such as viruses and bacteria
must have data proving their ability to kill these pests (known
- Determining If Insect Repellent Skin Patch Products Must Be Registered Under FIFRA
for Human Test Subjects - EPA released the final rule on ways to strengthen protection for participants involved with human subjects research. This page includes this notice and background information related to its development.
- Registration Guidance - Forms and guidelines for registering a pesticide.
- Search for Non-binding Pesticide
Guidance Documents (Interpretive Documents) - This Web site
has been developed to provide a central point of access to non-binding
general policy, guidance, and interpretive documents that describe how
the Agency intends to exercise its discretionary authority and explains
what a statute or regulation means.
- Strategic Direction for New Testing and Assessment Approaches for Pesticides - EPA is developing and evaluating new technologies in molecular, cellular, and computational sciences to supplement or replace more traditional methods of toxicity testing and risk assessment.
- TRAC Science
Policy Issues and Documents - In 1998, EPA began releasing science
policy documents related to implementation of the Food
Quality Protection Act (FQPA) for public comment. The initial framework
and list of documents was developed in consultation with the EPA Tolerance
Reassessment Advisory Committee (TRAC). The Agency continues to
identify guidance and policy documents to make available to the public.
- Guidance for Waiving or Bridging of Mammalian Acute Toxicity Tests for Pesticides and Pesticide Products (PDF) - (17 pp, 112.63k, about PDF) criteria that can be cited by registrants to bridge data for or support a waiver of the requirement for mammalian acute toxicity data for pesticide technical active ingredients and pesticide end use formulations (Acute Oral, Acute Dermal, Acute Inhalation, Primary Eye, Primary Dermal, and Dermal Sensitization).
- Guidance for Identifying, Selecting and Evaluating Open Literature Studies OPP considers multiple sources of information when conducting risk assessments for pesticides, not just studies conducted specifically to support pesticide registration. This page provides guidance for OPP staff to assist in their evaluation of open literature studies of pesticides.
Jump to main content.