Laws & Statutes
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Some links on this page are pointers to other hosts and locations on the Internet. This information is provided as a service, however the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is not responsible for the content of these sites.
United States Code
- The Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. § 552a, as amended
- The Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552, as amended
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, 15 U.S.C. § 6501, et seq.
Code of Federal Regulations
- EPA Implementation of Privacy Act of 1974, 40 CFR Part 16
- EPA Privacy Act Regulations, Federal Register: January 4, 2006 (Volume 71, Number 2)
Office of Management and Budget Circulars, Memoranda & Guidance
- Management of Federal Information Resources, OMB Circular No. A-130
- Guidance on Inter-Agency Sharing of Personal Data - Protecting Personal Privacy, OMB Memorandum M-01-05
- Privacy Policies and Data Collection on Federal Web Sites, OMB Memorandum M-00-13
- Privacy Policies on Federal Web Sites, OMB Memorandum M-99-18
- Privacy Guidance and Reference Materialshttp://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/inforeg_infopoltech/
- Privacy Act Implemention: Guidelines and Responsibilities (PDF) (32 pp, 4.62MB), 40 FR 28948
- Final Guidance Interpreting the Provisions of Public Law 100-503, the Computer Matching and Privacy Protection Act of 1988 (PDF) (12 pp, 1.45MB), 54 FR 25818