WIPP Compliance Certification and Recertification Decision Documents
EPA's decisions to certify or recertify that the Department of Energy has met EPA's criteria for opening and continuing to operate the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant are explained and supported by a number of legal documents. All documents related to WIPP compliance decisions are available through EPA's WIPP dockets. EPA is also making electronic versions of many WIPP compliance certification and recertification documents available on this web site:
- 1998 WIPP Compliance Certification Documents
- 2004 DOE WIPP Compliance Recertification Application
- 2006 WIPP Compliance Recertification Documents
- 2009 DOE WIPP Compliance Recertification Application
- 2010 WIPP Compliance Recertification Documents
How can I regulatory documents that are not available on-line?
All documents related to EPA's WIPP compliance certification and recertification decisions are available through the EPA WIPP docket or by contacting us:
- Receive document copies via mail by calling the official WIPP docket in Washington (202.566.1742).
- Obtain copies of any document by visiting one of EPA's WIPP Docket locations.
- Obtain selected documents using any of the following contact information:
|By Mail||By Phone||By Email|
|Radiation Protection Division/WIPP Oversight
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Radiation and Indoor Air
Radiation Protection Division
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (MC 6608T)
Washington, DC 20460-0001
|202.343.9290||Questions About Radiation|