National Radon Action Month
Submit Activities and Find Events in Your Area
The National Radon Action Month activity submission process is available via the Radon Leaders Saving Lives Portal between the months of October through February. You can use an online Activity Submittal Form, a single event submission form, that allows you to provide a more robust description of the thoughtful and exciting activities and events you are planning in your communities. By using the Portal, you are able to see updated activity information in real time, easily search activities from past years, blog about your National Radon Action Month experience or share ideas with colleagues through the discussion forums. Read the information on the right to learn more about the Radon Leaders Saving Lives Portal and visit Radon Leaders to join today.
You will still be able to find all of the tools you need to plan activities. Use the Event Planning Kit and find Resources and Materials that will make your activity a success, or visit the Archives page to read about successful events and activities conducted during past National Radon Action Months.
Radon Activity Ideas
- Civic Organizations: 4-H School Enrichment Activities- Students learn about the health effects of radon during National Radon Action Month. A 4-H School Enrichment program can work with schools throughout January to raise awareness about radon through events like Radon Bingo.
- Local Billboards: National Radon Action Month - Displayed several billboards highlighting National Radon Action Month and the risks of radon exposure. Billboards are a great way to get the word out about radon.
- Radon Activity Display: Radon Poster Contest Display - Display all Radon Poster Contest entries at municipal buildings or libraries to recognize the winning poster and runner-ups.
- School Event: Free Radon Information Dinner - Offer a free radon information class, and a free dinner for parents. Discuss the health hazards of radon in homes and provided free radon test kits.
- Local Radio Event: Radio Interviews and Public Service Announcements to promote National Radon Action Month - Outreach efforts can include radon educators discussing radon health effects and the importance of testing homes. The radio station broadcast can reach a vast audience in your state.
Success Stories in Prior Years
Visit the Archives page to read about successful activities and events conducted during past National Radon Action Months. Many groups and individuals across the nation have conducted activities and events to raise awareness about the risk of radon and ultimately save lives in their communities.