Jump to main content or area navigation.

Contact Us


Where You Live


Radon Program:
MA Dept. of Public Health
Radiation Control Program
Website: http://www.mass.gov/dph/rcp exiting epa
Toll-free: 1-800-RADON95 [723-6695]
Phone: (413) 586-7525 x1185

Radon Contact: William Bell william.j.bell@state.ma.us

Additional Resources

www.mass.gov exiting epa

Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Website: www.mass.gov/dph/ exiting epa
Phone: (617) 624-6000
TTY (617) 624-6001

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Indoor Air Quality Information by state - www.cdc.gov/nceh/airpollution/indoor_air.htm

EPA Resources

National Radon Action Month is in January - Browse Current & Past Events National Radon Action Month Events at www.radonleaders.org/nram/events exiting epa

Map of Radon Zones for Massachusetts
Massachusetts zone map

Click on the image for a larger version | What do the colors mean? | Need a full page version? (PDF, 1 page, 30 K, about PDF)

The purpose of this map is to assist National, State, and local organizations to target their resources and to implement radon-resistant building codes. This map is not intended to be used to determine if a home in a given zone should be tested for radon. Homes with elevated levels of radon have been found in all three zones. All homes should be tested regardless of geographic location. Learn more
Directory of Builders Using Radon-Resistant New Construction
EPA offers the Directory of Builders as a one-stop service to home buyers who are looking for builders that use radon-resistant construction techniques in new homes. The Directory contains the names of builders using RRNC who have voluntarily registered with EPA. EPA encourages all builders that use the recommended radon-resistant techniques to be listed in the Directory. Read more about Radon-Resistant New Construction

See a Listing of States and Jurisdictions with RRNC Codes | Go to a listing of State Building Code Associations | Find Builders offering services

Go Back to the National Map

EPA Region 1 (New England)

States Covered: CT | ME | MA | NH | RI | VT

Regional Contacts:
Radon: Dan Burke
(617) 918-1285
Tribal Issues: Ida McDonnell
(617) 918-1653

Featured Links:
Radon in New England
Region 1 Tribal page

EPA Resources

Regional Radon Training Centers | IED's Tribal Resources | EPA's State Environmental Agencies List | EPA's MyEnvironment

Health Risks Hotlines Indoor airPLUS Kids, Students & Teachers Map of Radon Zones Media Campaigns National Radon Action Month Radon-resistant New Construction Radon and Real Estate Radon and Drinking Water RadonLeaders.org State Radon Contacts SIRG Test & Fix Your Home Webinars Indoor Air

Top of Page

Contact the Web editor to ask a question, provide feedback, or report a problem about this website.

Jump to main content.