EPA Records Schedule 098
Status: Final, 09/30/2010
Title: Data Marts and Data Warehouses
Program: All Programs
Function: 305-109-02-04 - Provide Public Information, Education and Outreach
NARA Disposal Authority:
This schedule authorizes the disposition of the record copy in any media (media neutral), excluding any records already in electronic form. Records designated for permanent retention must be transferred to the National Archives in accordance with NARA standards at the time of transfer.
Includes data marts and warehouses that are repositories of data copied or downloaded from other information systems at specific intervals. They provide easy access and facilitate analysis and reporting, regardless of the data's source. They may contain data from databases as well as geographic information allowing data to be mapped.
Item a: Electronic software program
Destroy when no longer needed to ensure access to, and use of, the electronic records throughout the authorized retention period.
Item b: Input
Follow instructions for EPA 171.
Item c: Electronic data
Delete data when superseded by next scheduled update or when system is discontinued or obsolete.
Item d: Output and reports
File with related records and follow instructions for the related records.
Item e: Systems documentation
Follow instructions for EPA 304, item a(1).
The offices responsible for the individual systems from which the data marts and warehouses are retrieved are responsible for the disposition of their data under their specific schedules.
This schedule includes, but is not limited to, the following systems listed by headquarters program or regional office:
Office of Administration and Resources Management
- OARM Data Marts (ODM)
Office of Air and Radiation
- Air Quality System Data Mart (AQS Data Mart/AQSMart)
- AIRQuest Data Warehouse (AIRQuest)
Office of Chief Financial Officer
- Administrative Data Mart (ADAM)
Office of Environmental Information
Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response
- Cleanups in My Community (CIMC)
- Katrina Air Quality System (Katrina AQS)
- Katrina Enviromapper (Katrina EM)
- Katrina STORET)
- Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response Performance Assessment Tool (PAT)
Reasons for Disposition:
The following changes were made in the 04/30/2009 version:
- Revised title of disposition item e.
- Revised list of systems covered in guidance.
The following change was made in the 02/28/2009 version:
- Revised the schedule title.
- Revised the disposition instructions for item b.
The following changes were made in the 07/31/2008 version:
- Revised the schedule title and description.
- Expanded applicability to all programs.
- Revised guidance and reasons for disposition.
The following change was made in the 04/30/2008 version:
- Revised disposition instructions for item b.
The following changes were made in the 03/31/2008 version:
- Revised title of disposition item a.
- Changed the disposition instructions for items a and b.
- Added applicability to disposition items a, c and e.
- Revised title and disposition instructions for item e.
This schedule was originally approved for Envirofacts as N1-412-00-1. It has been expanded to cover data marts and warehouses in all program and regional offices.
EPA 171, EPA 304
Previous NARA Disposal Authority:
EPA Approval: 04/17/2009
NARA Approval: 07/21/2009