EPA Records Schedule 175
Status: Final, 06/30/2009
Title: Print Files
Program: All Programs
Function: 404-142-01 - Data Administration and Integration
NARA Disposal Authority:
This schedule authorizes the disposition of the record copy in any media (media neutral), excluding any records already in electronic form. Records designated for permanent retention must be transferred to the National Archives in accordance with NARA standards at the time of transfer.
- General Records Schedule 20/6
Electronic files extracted from a master file or database without changing it and used solely to produce hard-copy publications and/or printouts of tabulations, ledgers, registers, and statistical reports.
Item a: Record copy
Delete when it is determined that they are no longer needed for administrative, legal, audit, or other operational purposes.
May be used for mainframe, LAN or PC-based systems. Hard copy output needs to be scheduled separately.
Specific schedules have been developed for many Agency systems. Check to see if your system is included in the index to these schedules. In other cases, systems are included as part of general system schedules such as EPA 063 - Electronic Models and Expert Systems.
Other schedules for segments or phases of information systems include:
- EPA 160 - Downloaded and Copied Data
- EPA 161 - System Backups and Tape Library Records
- EPA 170 - Files/Records Relating to Creation, Use and Maintenance of Computer Systems, Applications, or Electronic Records
- EPA 171 - Input/Source Records
- EPA 173 - Data Files Consisting of Summarized Information
- EPA 174 - Records Consisting of Extracted Information
- EPA 176 - Technical Reformat Files
- EPA 177 - Security Backups of Files
- EPA 179 - Special Purpose Programs
Reasons for Disposition:
Conforms to NARA General Records Schedule 20, item 6.
EPA 160, EPA 161, EPA 170, EPA 171, EPA 173, EPA 174, EPA 176, EPA 177, EPA 179
Previous NARA Disposal Authority:
EPA Approval: Not applicable
NARA Approval: 08/00/1995