EPA Records Schedule 278
Status: Final, 02/14/2007
Title: Accountable Officers' Files
Program: Financial Management
Function: 402 - Financial Management
NARA Disposal Authority:
This schedule authorizes the disposition of the record copy in any media (media neutral), excluding any records already in electronic form. Records designated for permanent retention must be transferred to the National Archives in accordance with NARA standards at the time of transfer.
- General Records Schedule 6/1
Contains original or ribbon copy of accountable officers' accounts maintained in the agency for site audit by GAO auditors, consisting of statements of transactions, statements of accountability, collection schedules, collection vouchers, disbursement schedules, disbursement vouchers, and all other schedules and vouchers or documents used as schedules or vouchers, exclusive of commercial passenger transportation and freight records and payroll records. These records document only the basic financial transaction, money received and money paid out or deposited in the course of operating the Agency.
Item a: Site audit records as listed in guidance, or their equivalents
Destroy 6 years and 3 months after period covered by the account.
Item b: Memorandum copies of accountable officers' returns
Includes statements of transactions and accountability, all supporting vouchers, schedules, and related documents not covered elsewhere in this schedule, excluding freight records and payroll records covered elsewhere.
Destroy when 1 year old.
Site audit records include, but are not limited to, the following Standard Forms:
- SF 215 - Deposit Ticket
- SF 224 - Statement of Transactions
- SF 1012 - Travel Voucher
- SF 1034 - Public Voucher for Purchases and Services Other Than Personal
- SF 1036 - Statement of Certificate and Award
- SF 1038 - Advance of Funds Application and Account
- SF 1047 - Public Voucher for Refunds
- SF 1069 - Voucher for Allowance at Foreign Posts of Duty
- SF 1080 - Voucher for Transfer Between Appropriations and/or Funds
- SF 1081 - Voucher and Schedule of Withdrawals and Credits
- SF 1096 - Schedule of Voucher Deductions
- SF 1097 - Voucher and Schedule to Effect Correction of Errors
- SF 1098 - Schedule of Canceled Checks
- SF 1113 - Public Voucher for Transportation Charges
- SF 1129 - Reimbursement Voucher
- SF 1143 - Advertising Order
- SF 1145 - Voucher Payment Under Federal Tort Claims Act
- SF 1154 - Public Voucher for Unpaid Compensation Due a Deceased Civilian Employee
- SF 1156 - Public Voucher for Fees and Mileage
- SF 1164 - Claim for Reimbursement for Expenditures on Official Business
- SF 1166 - Voucher and Schedule of Payments
- SF 1185 - Schedule of Undeliverable Checks for Credit to Government Agencies
- SF 1218 - Statement of Accountability (Foreign Service Account)
- SF 1219 - Statement of Accountability
- SF 1220 - Statement of Transactions According to Appropriation, Funds, and Receipt Accounts
- SF 1221 - Statement of Transactions According to Appropriation, Funds, and Receipt Accounts (Foreign Service Account)
Also included are equivalent agency forms that document the basic financial transaction as described above.
This item replaces EPA 285 - Disbursements, Collection, and Refund Schedules, EPA 287 - General Ledger Accounting and Supporting Documents, and EPA 288 - Availability, Disbursement, Collection, Custody, and Deposit of Funds.
Reasons for Disposition:
Disposition conforms to NARA's General Records Schedule 6, item 1.
Previous NARA Disposal Authority:
NC-412-76-2/I/7, NC-412-76-2/II/2 and 3, NC1-412-85-27/II/6, NC1-412-85-27/III/2 and 3
EPA Approval: Not applicable
NARA Approval: 12/00/1998