EPA Records Schedule 606
Status: Final, 10/31/2009
Title: Classified Document Inventory Files
Program: Facilities and Support Services
Function: 401-121 - Security Management
NARA Disposal Authority:
This schedule authorizes the disposition of the record copy in any media (media neutral), excluding any records already in electronic form. Records designated for permanent retention must be transferred to the National Archives in accordance with NARA standards at the time of transfer.
- General Records Schedule 18/4
Consists of forms, ledgers, or registers used to show identity, internal routing and final disposition made of classified documents, but exclusive of classified document receipts and destruction certificates and documents relating to Top Secret material.
Item a: Record copy
Destroy when 2 years old.
Other records related to classified documents are scheduled as:
- EPA 604 - Document Receipt Files
- EPA 605 - Destruction Certificates Files
- EPA 607 - Top Secret Accounting and Control Files
- EPA 608 - Access Request Files
- EPA 609 - Classified Document Container Security Files
- EPA 628 - Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreements
Reasons for Disposition:
Conforms to NARA's General Records Schedule 18, item 4.
Item b for electronic mail and word processing system copies deleted 08/23/2006 pursuant to NARA Bulletin 2006-04.
EPA 604, EPA 605, EPA 607, EPA 608, EPA 609, EPA 628
Previous NARA Disposal Authority:
EPA Approval: Not applicable
NARA Approval: 12/00/1998