EPA Records Schedule 608
Status: Final, 10/31/2009
Title: Access Request Files
Program: Facilities and Support Services
Function: 401-121 - Security Management
NARA Disposal Authority:
This schedule authorizes the disposition of the record copy in any media (media neutral), excluding any records already in electronic form. Records designated for permanent retention must be transferred to the National Archives in accordance with NARA standards at the time of transfer.
- General Records Schedule 18/6
Consists of requests and authorizations for individuals to have access to classified files.
Item a: Record copy
Destroy 2 years after authorization expires.
Other records related to classified documents are scheduled as:
- EPA 604 - Document Receipt Files
- EPA 605 - Destruction Certificates Files
- EPA 606 - Classified Document Inventory Files
- EPA 607 - Top Secret Accounting and Control Files
- EPA 609 - Classified Document Container Security Files
- EPA 628 - Classified Information Nondisclosure Agreements
Records related to access to confidential business information (CBI) are covered in EPA 624.
Reasons for Disposition:
Conforms to NARA's General Records Schedule 18, item 6.
Item b for electronic mail and word processing system copies deleted 08/23/2006 pursuant to NARA Bulletin 2006-04.
EPA 604, EPA 605, EPA 606, EPA 607, EPA 609, EPA 624, EPA 628
Previous NARA Disposal Authority:
EPA Approval: Not applicable
NARA Approval: 12/00/1998