Healthy Schools - Healthy Children Conference
Attend a free one-day training event hosted by the School District of Philadelphia and cosponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic. The training will focus on how school district personnel can take simple, low-cost steps to improve indoor air quality (IAQ) in schools while saving money, improving health, and decreasing student and staff absenteeism.
Date: March 6, 2014
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. Conference begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. and lunch is sponsored by the American Lung Association of the Mid-Atlantic
Location: School District of Philadelphia Education Center, 440 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Keynote Address: Claire Barnett, Executive Director, Healthy Schools Network, Inc. Coordinator, Coalition for Healthier Schools
Please note that registration for this conference will reopen in January 2014
Attend this training to:
- Learn Theory & Application "for implementing IAQ action plans."
- Identify basic strategies and tools needed to develop a comprehensive IAQ management program.
- Interact with experts on environmental health and school facility management.
- Network with peers and learn from others who are addressing IAQ successfully.
- Prepare IAQ management plans and identify strategies for sustaining momentum for green and healthy schools in your district.
Topics to be Discussed:
- SAVE - Students Against Violating the Earth
- How to use the NIOSH Dampness and Mold Evaluation Tool
- Developing and Implementing a Proactive IAQ management plan
- Effectively Responding to IAQ Issues/Concerns
- Selecting and Using Green Products/Materials
- Chemical Management and Cleanout
- Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning
- Integrated Pest Management
- Saving Money and Saving Energy While Preserving IAQ
- Getting Assistance and Recognition for Green and Healthier Schools
- Fresh Air: Optimal HVAC for Improved Health
Limited Travel Scholarships Available
For information, directions, accommodations please contact: Kevin M. Stewart via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 717-541-5864 ext. 36
For Additional Information Contact: Cristina Schulingkamp at 215-814-2086 or via email at email@example.com