Technical Assistance for Brownfield Development
Targeted Brownfields Assessments (TBA’s)
EPA, at no charge to the community, will characterize a brownfield to determine the nature and extent of contamination. Results are provided to the community to assist them in redevelopment planning.
- Eligibility and How to Apply
- Land Reuse Assessment Reports
- Targeted Brownfields Successes
- Map of EPA Region 3 TBAs (PDF) (1 pg, 2.16 MB).
Technical Assistance to Brownfield (TAB) (PDF) (3 pg, 361 K).
Through a grant provided by the USEPA, the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT) (PDF) (1 p, 30.8 K) offers free technical assistance and training program services to EPA Brownfield grantees in EPA Regions 1, 2 & 3, as well as to those seeking to obtain EPA brownfield grants in Regions 1, 2 or 3.
NJIT TAB hotline: 973-596-5882, TAB email: email@example.com
Technology Support Center
The Brownfields and Land Revitalization Technology Support Center (BTSC) is a cooperative effort between EPA, U.S. Corps of Engineers and Argonne National Laboratory to provide technical support to federal, state, local, and tribal officials relating to the use of innovative technologies and strategies for site assessment and cleanup.
EPA’s National Risk Management Research Laboratory
NRMRL is a source for responsive and objective solutions to complex, multidisciplinary
- A Successful Transformation: Allentown Waterfront – Allentown, PA (PDF) (2 pp, 499 K)
- 2505 Maisel Street, Baltimore, MD (PDF) (2 pp, 52.7 K)
- Brooke Glass Site, Wellsburg, WV (PDF) (2 pp, 119 K)
- Jimmy Carey Stadium, Weiton, WV (PDF) (2 pp, 317 K)
- Beech Bottom Plant and Industrial Park, Weirton, WV (PDF) (2 pp, 348 K)
- Frankford Creek, Philadelphia, PA
- Scranton Train Station, Scranton, PA
- Overbrook Environmental Education Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Stainless Steel Site, Perkasie, PA