Human Health Risk Assessment
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view the PDF files on this page.
See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Risk-Based Screening Table
Starting in Spring of 2008, Region III now relys for its RSL Table updates on the Regional Screening table developed by Oak Ridge National Laboratory under an Interagency Agreement with EPA.
Memo on Risk-Based Screening Table (PDF) (4 pp, 32.2K) This memo discusses the Regional Screening table and its use in EPA Region III.
|TR=1E-06 and THQ =1.0||TR=1E-06 and THQ =0.1|
|PDF (11 pp, 835 K)||XLS (207 K)||PDF (10 pp, 742 K)||XLS (205 K)|
Region 3 Risk Assessment Guidance
Note on the Use of Dermal Guidance in Region III. In 2003, EPA Region III stated that it would temporarily continue to use median shower/bath exposure times as defaults, until RAGS E guidance became final. RAGS E has become final, and Region III is adopting the high-end shower/bath times as default recommendations. Region III staff can provide further assistance with site-specific recommendations for the full complement of shower/bath exposure parameters. (4/7/2005)
- Updated Dermal Exposure Assessment Guidance [June 2003]
- Assessing Dermal Exposure from Soil [December 1995]
- Use of Monte Carlo Simulation in Risk Assessments
- Selecting Exposure Routes and Contaminants of Concern by Risk-Based Screening
- EPA Region 3 Guidance on Handling Chemical Concentration Data Near the Detection Limit in Risk Assessments
- Soil Screening Guidance
- Exposure Point Concentrations in Groundwater (PDF) (5 pp, 31.1K)