EPA ID# PAD046557096
NPL Status: Final
Cottman & Milnor St
Philadelphia, PA 19135
Remedial Project Manager
Community Involvement Coordinator
Larry C. Johnson
215-814-3239 or 800-553-2509
Administrative Record Locations
The detailed Administrative Record can be examined on-line or at the following location:
N.E. Branch of the Philadelphia Library
2228 Cottman Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19149
U.S. EPA Region III
Public Reading Room
1650 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Please call to schedule an appointment
During the pre-design investigation, an underground storage tank is located.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Please Read
Beginning October 1, 2015, this website will undergo improvements. During this time, access to some information may not be immediately available. For assistance locating information, please contact the Community Involvement Coordinator listed below in the "Contacts" section of this page. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your access to site information.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
The site, located on the Delaware River, was cleaned up in 2010.
These photos were taken at a site inspection.
- August 2013 (PDF) (39 pp, 7.49 MB)
- 12/07/2005 (PDF) (1 p, 12 K)
- January 2013 (PDF) (1 p, 150 K)
- 09/22/2005: DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. Notice of Lodging of Proposed Amendment to Consent Decree Under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act
- 04/13/1999 Federal Register: request for public comment; Proposed Administrative Settlement Under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act
- 03/16/2006: Court Settlement Signals Go Ahead For Cleanup Of Metal Bank Superfund Site
- 01/24/2003: Court Finds Defendants Liable for Cleanup of Metal Bank Superfund Site in Philadelphia
- 07/13/2000: EPA Grants Philadelphia $100K to Redevelop Tacony Waste Site
Revised Remedial Plan (PDF) (9 p, 118 K)
Utility Group Consent Decree (PDF) (60 pp, 323 K)