Kanawha River Site
EPA ID# WVSFN035516
NPL Status: Not on NPL
Kanawha & Putnam Counties
In the Vicinity of Nitro, WV
EPA National Contaminated Sediment Technical Advisory Group - Region 3 Representative
Community Involvement Coordinator
State and Congressional Liaison
To be added to EPA's Mailing List for the Kanawha River Site please contact Ms. Dietzel.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – Please Read
Beginning October 1, 2015, this website will undergo improvements. During this time, access to some information may not be immediately available. For assistance locating information, please contact the Community Involvement Coordinator listed below in the "Contacts" section of this page. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your access to site information.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Kanawha River Site EE/CA Study Contaminated Sediment Management Principles Memo (30 pp, 303 KB)
- Figure 1- Kanawha River EE/CA Study Area (PDF) (1 p,1.7MB)
- Figure 2- Kanawha Valley (PDF) (1 p, 453K)
- Attachment 1- Lower Kanawha River Watershed Water Uses (PDF) (2 pp, 30K)
- Attachment 2- Data from June 2000 Surface Water Sampling Trip Report (PDF) (1 p, 37K)
- Attachment 3- Validated Analytical Results for Sediment Samples May 2000 (PDF) (5 pp, 1.4MB)
- Attachment 4- Region 3 GPRA Baseline RCRA Corrective Action Facility Fact Sheet (PDF) (3 pp, 1.2 MB)
- Attachment 5- Validated Analytical Results for Site Inspection Samples collected September 2001 (PDF) (3 pp, 1.5 MB)
- Administrative Order on Consent between EPA and Monsanto and Pharmacia (March 18, 2004) (PDF)(2.37MB)
- Documents Related to October 2004 fish, sediment and surface water sampling