Eastmen Specialities Corp
(Formerly: Genovique Specialties Corp.)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Luis Pizarro, Associate Director
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
Mail Stop: 3LC20
1650 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- Cleanup Status:
Corrective Action Underway
- Human Exposure Controls: TBA
- Groundwater Controls : TBA
The US EPA Region III and the MDE will decide if additional information or sampling at the facility is required to determine whether the environmental indicators have been met or if further corrective action is required at the facility.
- The facility opened in 1959 by the Lehigh Chemical Company.
- The facility currently (as of June 3, 2010) operates and generates hazardous waste which includes spent solvents from the lab, self-manufactured fuel, toluene waste, phthalic anhydride, and phthalate esteer filter cake and API separator sludge.
- The 12 different solid waste management units are: former sludge drying areas (two), a sludge roll-off area, a filter cake roll-off, a hazardous waste storage area, a satellite accumulation area, a parts cleaners area, trash compactor, a universal waste area, a wastewater treatment lagoons and impoundments, a wastewater treatment system, and a former separation pond.
- The five AOC’s include: groundwater contamination from the wastewater treatment lagoons and impoundments, a spill from the sludge roll-off, a spill of heat transfer fluid, a release of Benzonic Acid, and leaking of hydrogen peroxide from a tank.
- Of the five AOC’s only the groundwater contamination from the wastewater treatment lagoons and impoundments released hazardous materials into the environment.
- Results from the remedial action are documented in the Closure Report dated January 15, 2007 and submitted to the Maryland Department of the Environment.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Factsheet[23pp, 21 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
Maryland Department of Environment
Land Restoration Program
1800 Washington Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21230
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Genovique Specialties Corp.|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro, Associate Director (215)-814-3444.