Former Electro-Therm Inc. Facility
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Leonard Hotham
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
Mail Stop: 3LC20
1650 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-5778
Maryland Department of Environment
Waste Management Administration
Mr. Art O’Connell
1800 Washington Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21230
Phone: (410) 537-34932
Email: : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corrective Action activities at the former Electro-Therm facility (Site), now owned by FIL [US] Inc. (FIL), are being conducted under the provisions of Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) Consent Order No. CO-88-094 (CO), in cooperation with the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region III. A site meeting between FIL, MDE, and EPA Region III was held on September 10, 2008, to discuss the steps needed to satisfy both regulatory programs. FIL submitted a work plan addressing the Site's remaining data gaps in 2009, and field work was conducted in 2010. MDE and EPA will be meeting with FIL in early 2013 to discuss any remaining data gaps and/or remedial endpoint strategies for the facility.
- The former Electro-Therm facility is a 13.7 acre industrial property situated between Route 404 and Meetinghouse Road in Denton, Maryland. Historical land use in the period prior to 1988 included the manufacture of electronic devices by Electro-Therm Inc. A pump and treat system was installed in 1988 for remediation of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), primarily 1,1,1-trichloroethane and trichloroethene, present in shallow groundwater.
- The primary contaminants are volatile organic compounds ), primarily 1,1,1-trichloroethane and trichloroethene, present in shallow groundwater.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [ 8pp 298 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [ 8pp 328 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- Future site use is to be deterimined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager:Mr. Leonard Hotham (215)-814-5778.