On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. William Wentworth
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
Mail Stop: 3LC20
1650 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
- This facility is one of EPA Region III's high priority RCRA corrective action sites. An Environmental Indicator (EI) inspection was conducted at facility in June, 2001. Based on the results of the inspection it was decided that additional groundwater data was needed to better characterize groundwater conditions at the site.
- The company conducted groundwater sampling at the facility in March 2002 in accordance with an approved work plan. In October 2002, Westvaco provided a final Investigation Report to EPA. Based on the results of the investigation, EPA made a preliminary decision that no further action is warranted at this facility at this time. EPA provided a public notice on November 15, 2002 stating their no further action decision. The comment period for this public notice ended on December 30, 2002. No comments were received and a final no further action determination was rendered.
- RCRA Corrective Action activities at this facility are being conducted under the direction of EPA Region 3 with assistance from the State.
Based on the fact that the results of the groundwater sampling did not reveal any contaminant exceeding Maximum Contaminant levels, no further RCRA corrective action is necessary at this site at this time.
- No Institutional Controls were required for the site.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 4 pages, 56 KB, About DF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 9 pages, 40 KB, About DF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater [PDF, 8 pages, 25 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Mr. William Wenworth (215)-814-3184.