Watson Standard Co., Neville Island
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Griff Miller
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3407
- An Environmental Indicator (EI) inspection was conducted at the Watson Standard facility (Facility) in August 2006. All areas where hazardous waste is handled appeared well-maintained; no evidence of spills or releases was apparent. In 1991 a fuel oil underground storage tank (UST) was clean-closed. Soil sampling of the tank pit detected no contamination except small amounts of toluene that were well below the most stringent PADEP Statewide Health Standard.
- Both EIs were met by the Facility and finalized by EPA on December 15, 2008. In April 2009, EPA issued a Final Decision of Corrective Action Complete without Controls for the Facility.
- Watson Standard's Neville Island facility was built between 1946 and 1948 on approximately 2 acres near the intersection of Grand Avenue and Neville Road. The Facility manufactures custom coatings and closures for the metal packaging industry. The Facility has never had any land disposal units on-site.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 6 pages, 25 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 27 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Watson Standard Co.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Griff Miller (215) 814-3407.