Scott Paper Co. Research Annex
(Formerly: Linde Assocs. Lp)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Catheryn Blankenbiller
Office of Pennsylvania Remediation
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-202
Phone: (215) 814-3464
- On June 21, 2010, the Environmental Indicator for Current Human Exposures Under Control was determined to be incomplete and additional information is needed. On June 21, 2010, the Environmental Indicator for Migration of Contaminated Groundwater Under Control was a Yes. Currently the investigation is underway.
- Feb 2, 1990 indicated Scott received approval from PADEP to close the 5,000 gal UST in place
- July 1991 Environmental Priorities Initiative Preliminary assessment report
- Feb 1996 Phase I environmental
- Dec 1996 Phase II investigations - 13 AOCs (Areas of Concern) looked at
- Jan 1998 Phase III investigation - 6 monitoring wells installed
- Oct 1997 - soil remediation performed - approximately 753 tons of impacted soils were removed from the site from the area of the closed-in-place 1,000 gal UST
- June 1999 PADEP approved non-use aquifer status for the site
- Sept 1999 NIR
- May 26, 2000 PADEP approved Act 2 Final Report -Soil samples below non-residential non-use aquifer soil to GW MSCs and Non-residential contact MSCs
Time line of Previous Site Investigations:
-TCE and Vinyl Chloride above in 1 or more wells
The facility is located on approximately 5.5 acres of land with one building on site. The facility is located in Tinicum Township, Delaware County PA.
The building was constructed in late 1930s by Linde Air Products with additions up to 1960. Scott Paper Co. obtained the property in 1965. From 1965 until 1972 the facility was used for research and development of paper and pulp technology. From 1972-1980 the facility was used to development of disposable products. 1980 – 1994 the facility was used for the development of sanitary towels. From 1994 – 1996 the facility was used for research and development of paper. In 1997 site remediation began at the site and lasted until 2000. SJS Linde SP purchased the property and currently occupies the site with office type tenants.
- Some of the site's key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environemental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures[PDF, 3988 KB, 9 pages, About PDF]
- Environemental Indicator Determination - Groundwater[PDF, 3938 KB, 9 pages, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Scott Paper Co. Research Annex|
To englarge photo or map click on thumbnail.
The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager:Ms. Catheryn Blankenbiller (215) 814-3464.