Scott Paper Co. Plaza
(Former Scott Paper Research Facility)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms Tran Tran
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-2079
On August 22, 2012, EPA received a public comment indicating that the facility is located in Tinicum Township, not Philadelphia. EPA has revised the Statement of Basis to address this comment.
EPA visited the facility and met with company representatives on February 15, 2012. On July 13, 2012, EPA determined that the Human Health Exposures Environmental Indicator and Migration of Contaminated Groundwater Environmental Indicator have been met.
The facility was located in Tinicum Township, Delaware County, PA. The property is surrounded by commercial properties and transportation infrastructure. The facility operated from early 1960 until 1995. The facility was a paper and paper pulp product research and development facility. The facility and associated building no longer exist. The area is open space and parking lots for the International Plaza complex.
Scott Paper Company owned and operated Scott Plaza since the beginning of its construction in 1961. Prior to construction, the property was swamp-land. After the merger with Kimberly-Clark, in October 1995, Scott Paper Company sold Scott Plaza to Koll Bren Scheiber Realty Advisors.
The site is essentially capped with pavement and is surrounded by commercial properties and transportation infrastructures. No contaminated soil and/or groundwater are expected at the site.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 9 pages, 871 KB, About PDF ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 13 pages, 25 KB, About PDF ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater [PDF, 8 pages, 24 KB, About PDF ]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Scott Paper Co. Plaza||Scott Paper Site Map|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site's future use is yet to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms Tran Tran (215) 814-2079.