On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Grant Dufficy
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3455
- A site visit was conducted at Pure Carbon, in Coudersport , Pennsylvania on April 9, 1997. The purpose of the visit was to gather relevant information to assess current and past environmental impact of Pure Carbon operations. After an extensive review of existing information and the site visit, EPA determined that there is no unacceptable human exposure to contamination nor is there any evidence of groundwater contamination caused by the Facility.
- On April 17, 2000, EPA determined that both the Human Exposures and Groundwater Environmental Indicators have been met.
- EPA published in a notice in local newspaper detailing the proposed Agency decision of no further corrective action. The forty-five (45) day public comment period ended on October 15, 2001, and no comments were received during that time.
- On June 16, 2006, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a Final Determination of Corrective Action Complete without controls, no further corrective action is required at this time at the Pure Carbon Corporation, Coudersport facility.
- This facility is one of EPA Region 3's high priority RCRA corrective action sites. RCRA Corrective Action activities at this facility are being conducted under the direction of EPA Region 3. No institutional controls are currently in place.
- The EPA determined that there is no unacceptable human exposure to contamination nor is there any evidence of groundwater contamination caused by the Facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 24 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 31 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager:Mr. Grant Dufficy (215) 814-3455.