Northeast Paint & Varnish Company
(Penn Valley Paint)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Paul Gotthold
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- Notices of violations (NOV) were issued to the Facility in 1987 and 1992 by the Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) . The NOVs addressed the cleanup of drums, contaminated soil, and associated debris located and adjacent to the Facility's building.
- In 1995, the Facility completed the cleanup and a follow-up inspection was conducted by PADEP and EPA personnel.
- In 1998, EPA performed an Environmental Indicators on-site visitation and made an determination that no further correction action was necessary during the time of the visitation.
- In 2006, EPA determined that no further corrective action was necessary at the Facility and issued a RCRA Corrective Action Statement of Basis.
- EPA issued a RCRA corrective action Statement of Basis (SB) that explained the proposed no further action and provided public an opportunity to review and comment in March 2006. The Agency Determination was issued to the Facility in May 2006. The Agency Determination indicates that EPA has determined that no further corrective action is necessary at this time.
- There are no institutional controls at this time.
- The Northeast Paint & Varnish Company, also known as Penn Valley Paint, is a small (about an acre) manufacturing plant located along Bristol Pike (Route 13) in Levittown, Pennsylvania. The Facility currently manufactures latex-based paints under the label ?Penn Valley Paints". Previously, the Facility had manufactured oil-based paints. This Facility is also an outlet store and they do sell all types of paint.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 6 pages, 22 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Northeast Paint & Varnish|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.