Edmund Industrial Optics
(Former Plummer Precision Optics Co.)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Tran Tran
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-2079
- The soil sampling results revealed that there is no soil or groundwater contamination at the facility. No further actions are necessary at the Facility. EPA's Final Decision of Corrective Action Complete without controls for the Facility became effective September 25, 2009.
- The Facility is located at 601 Montgomery Avenue in Pennsburg, Upper Hanover Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Adjacent properties to the north and east of the facility are residential, to the west are vacant and unimproved, and to the south consist of the Joint Water Authority facility and Green Lane Reservoir. The Facility covers 7.65 acres.
- In October, Edmund Optics purchased the property from Plummer Precision Optics. Plummer owned and operated the facility from 1973 through the date of the sale. The site has been operated as a precision optical equipment manufacturer since 1973.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 138 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 6 pages, 345 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 8 pages, 378 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Edmund Industrial Optics|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site is under continued use .
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Tran Tran (215) 814-2079.