Delbar Products Incorporated
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Tran Tra
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-2079
- After the soil and groundwater investigations, at the Facility, the final remedy is complete and consists of institutional controls to eliminate exposures to any contamination remaining on-site. These controls require a deed notice notifying environmental conditions at the Facility and attainment of Act 2 residential standard for chromium in soil and Act 2 standards for indoor air if the Facility were ever developed for residential use. EPA's Final Decision of Corrective Action Complete with Controls for the Facility became effective on September 26, 2007.
- The Delbar facility consists of approximately 3 acres located at 601 West Spruce Street in Perkasie, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Delbar has manufactured truck mirrors since 1948. The manufacturing processes at the facility include stamping, pressing, degreasing, and painting metal tubes and sheets. Primary contaminants at the Facility include chromium in soil and trichloroethylene (TCE), tetrachloroethylene (PCE), and trichloroethane (TCA) in groundwater. As volatile organic compounds, PCE, TCA and TCE have the potential to migrate from groundwater in the vapor phase and impact indoor air quality. EPA terms this phenomenon "vapor intrusion" and all RCRA cleanups require an evaluation of this pathway. A vapor intrusion risk assessment conducted by Delbar revealed that the levels of indoor vapor are protective of human health and the environment under current land use.
- Primary contaminants at the Facility include chromium in soil and trichloroethylene (TCE), tetrachloroethylene (PCE), and trichloroethane (TCA) in groundwater.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 17 pages, 156 KB, About PDF ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 10 pages, 80 KB, About PDF ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 82 KB, About PDF]
- PA DEP Environmental Covenant [PDF, 15 pages, 385 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Delbar Products||Delbar Products GeoSpatial PDF Map [PDF, 1322 KB, 1 pages About PDF]|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo or GeoSpatial PDF Map )
- The site is being reused.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Tran Tran (215) 814-2079.