Air Products & Chemicals Inc.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- The Air Products & Chemicals Inc. facility received a Final Decision for No Further Action (NFA) from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on September 23, 1992. The decision to issue an NFA at the Facility was due to: (1) results of an integrity assessment required in the Corrective Action Permit suggested that there was no need for further sampling and (2) the analytical results of soil samples taken during a Verification Investigation showed that the levels of contamination present were far below EPA criteria for remedial action. Therefore, there is no threat to human health or the environment
- The Environmental Indicators (EIs) were completed on May 13, 2008 to satisfy agency obligations for public awareness because the EI forms were developed after the Final Decision. The two EIs are called "Current Human Exposures Under Control" and "Migration of Contaminated Groundwater Under Control." The EIs completed reflect the decision of No Further Action and have status codes of "Yes, Under Control" for both.
- The facility located at 7201 Hamilton Boulevard is Air Products & Chemicals Incorporated's Corporate Headquarters. It is situated on approximately 150 acres of land in Allentown (near Trexlertown) Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County, PA. The Corporate Headquarters consists of administrative facilities, Research & Development (R&D) facilities, the Lehigh District Gas Sales facility, and other smaller superfluous buildings.
- Most of the hazardous waste generated at this facility is related to small scale R&D experiments. All hazardous waste generated is stored in drums or lab packed and regularly shipped off-site to a permitted treatment and disposal facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 6 pages, 138 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 153 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.