(Formerly: Chempump Div. Of Teikoku USA Inc.)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Grant Dufficy
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3455
- Corrective Action Status:
Corrective Action Underway
- Human Exposure Controls: TBA
- Ground Water Controls: TBA
An Environmental Indicator (EI) inspection was conducted in July 2008 to determine whether human exposures to contamination and the migration of contaminated groundwater were under control. EPA/PADEP is reviewing existing environmental information to determine if further investigation is required. EPA/State will focus first on the health and groundwater impacts, if any, presented by the facility. Once EPA/PADEP complete this review process, an environmental indicator determination will be prepared and posted to this website.
Crane’s Chempump Division began operations on June 25, 1961, as a manufacturing facility of industrial and custom-made chemical pumps. The manufacturing process involved the design, assembly, painting, and distribution of the chemical pumps. It is unknown what types or how wastes were handled from 1961 to 1980.
In August 1980, the Facility filed a Notification of Hazardous Waste Activity and submitted a Part A Application for Hazardous Waste Permit with USEPA (USEPA ID No. PAD003916798). The records submitted to USEPA indicated that Chempump was filing these documents for generation, transportation, and as a treat/store/dispose (TSD) facility. Additionally, a USEPA General Information form was submitted in November 1980. In December 1980, USEPA acknowledged receipt of the Part A Hazardous Waste Application and granted the Facility Interim Status to handle F003 and F005 waste (spent non-halogenated solvents).
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Factsheet [ 2 pp, 21 kb, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The site is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Grant Dufficy (215) 814-3455.