Watson Standard Co., Harwick.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Griff Miller
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3407
- An Environmental Indicator (EI) investigation was conducted at the Watson Standard Company facility (Facility) in October 2007. This investigation revealed no outstanding problems or areas of concern with any of the solid waste management units on-site. Both EIs were met by the Facility and finalized by EPA on December 15, 2008. In April 2009, EPA issued a Final Decision of Corrective Action Complete without Controls for the Facility.
- Watson Standard's Harwick facility is located at 616 Hite Road in Allegheny County, Harwick, Pennsylvania. Watson Standard purchased the approximately 4-acre Facility from an unknown furniture manufacturing company between 1967 and 1968. The Facility formulates house paints and coatings for the metal and food container industries.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 158 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 164 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 5 pages, 33 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Watson Standard Co., Harwick.|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is in continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Griff Miller (215) 814-3407.