On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Tran Tran
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-2079
- There is no contamination in soil or groundwater at the Facility. No further actions are necessary at the Facility. EPA's Final Decision of Corrective Action Complete without Controls for the Facility became effective July 16, 2010.
- The Bucyrus-Erie facility consisted of the former 12th Street Foundry and the former Raspberry Street Plant, which were used for the manufacturing and assembly of large construction and mining equipment
- Between 1928 and 1984, the company manufactured construction machinery at the 12th Street Foundry and assembled backhoes and cranes at the construction equipment assembly at the Raspberry Street Plant.
- The former 12th Street Foundry is currently owned by the Perry Ship Building, known as PSB Industries, and is used for steel fabrication and constructing bulk-carrier lake freighters. The Rasberry Plant is currently a boiler factory owned and operated by Reiley Power Inc.
- In the maufacturing process, various solvents were used and stored, including: toluene, isopropanol, xylene, butyl-acetate, and 1,1,1-trichloroethane.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 173 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 385 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 6 pages, 102 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Tran Tran (215) 814-2079.