Allion Chemical Co., Inc.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- EPA Region 3 has determined that Corrective Action is complete and no land use controls are required (Corrective Action Complete without Controls) for the Facility. A public notice was posted in The Delaware County Times newspaper on February 18, 2009 and was followed by a thirty (30)-day comment period that ended on March 20, 2009. The Final Decision and Response to Comments became effective March 24, 2009.
- The Environmental Indicators (EIs) were completed on January 28, 2009. The two EIs are called "Current Human Exposures Under Control" and "Migration of Contaminated Groundwater Under Control." The EIs completed reflect the decision of Corrective Action Complete without Controls and have status codes of "Yes, Under Control" for both.
- The Facility was formerly located in the Georgetown Building Bay 109 of Darby Commons Court in Darby Township, Folcroft, Delaware County, Pennsylvania from 1977 to 1996. The Georgetown Building was built in 1977 and leased to the Facility by Henderson Builders. Prior to that, the land was a series of farms and/or woods.
- The Facility purchased chemicals for blending and redistribution. There were no reportable releases or instances or evidence of soil or groundwater contamination found at the Facility.
- There were no reportable releases or instances or evidence of soil or groundwater contamination found at the Facility
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 173 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 385 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 4 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Allion Chemical Co.|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site is unused.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Paul Gotthold(215) 814-3410.