AMO Pollution Services Inc.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- AMO Pollution Services (AMO) clean-closed their hazardous waste storage facility in 1990 in accordance with their closure plan, which was approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP). In 1992, AMO performed additional site cleanup activities related to their transportation operations and administration/operations building. PADEP oversaw these cleanup activities and determined that all waste and contaminated soil was removed. A PADEP inspection on August 1, 2007 confirmed that there are no remaining concerns. As a result of these cleanup activities and inspections, a Statement of Basis (SB) that outlined EPA's recommendation of no further action was published in the Observer-Reporter on October 22, 2007. After the 30-day public comment period, EPA issued a Final Decision that no further action was necessary at the former AMO site, effective January 7, 2008.
- AMO Pollution Services was a hazardous materials contractor that specialized in emergency response and cleanup operations for spills, tank cleaning, and Superfund actions. The 11.5-acre site included a large building used for administrative offices and a truck and equipment maintenance area, and a smaller building that served as a staging and storage area for incoming drums of hazardous waste. AMO went out of business in 1991. The site is now used as a sports training center.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 363 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9 pages, 367 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|AMO Pollution Services|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.