C & D Technologies LLC
On This Page
- Corrective Action Status:
Corrective Action Underway
- Human Exposure Controlled: TBA
- Ground Water Controlled: TBA
- EPA is currently reviewing the existing environmental information to determine if further investigation and/or corrective action will be required at the site. EPA will first focus on the health and groundwater impacts, if any, presented by the facility. Once EPA completes this review process, an environmental indicator determination will be prepared and posted to this website.
Carlile and Doughty (C&D), Inc., also known by other names such as, C&D Technologies, Inc., C&D Technologies, LLC, C&D Batteries, and C&D Charter Power Systems, Inc., manufactured and tested lead-acid batteries from 1925 through 1985. Subsequently the facility produced nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cad batteries). When the facility ceased operations in 2002, operations were limited to battery testing, warehousing, and metal fabrication. On December 31, 2002, C&D entered into a Consent Order-Agreement to sell the 5-acre property (including a 130,000 square foot building, paved parking areas, and a 10,000-gallon AST) to Washington Street Associates, LP, of Blue Bell, Pennsylvania. As of August 2008 the structures belonging to C&D have been demolished. The property is undergoing remediation under Act 2.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Factsheet e[PDF, 8 pages, 26 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|C & D Technologies LLC|
The site's future use is yet to be determined.
For more information about EPA’s corrective action webpage, including Environmental Indicators, please visit our site at: www.epa.gov/reg3wcmd/correctiveaction.htm