Bedford Materials Co, Inc.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Paul Gotthold
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- On April 20, 2000, the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the US Army Corps of Engineers, and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) conducted a site visit. The visit consisted of a facility tour and information gathering to assess the current status of the Facility. No obvious areas of concern were identified during the visit. After an extensive review of existing information and the site visit, EPA determined that there is no unacceptable human exposure to contamination nor is there any evidence of groundwater contamination caused by the Facility. Furthermore, EPA concludes that there have been no past or current releases that warrant further investigation or corrective action at this Facility at this time. On November 2000, EPA issued a Final Determination that no further corrective actions are necessary at the Facility at this time.
- The Facility is approximately 56 acres in size and is located approximately 3 miles west of the town of Bedford in Bedford County, Pennsylvania. The Facility manufactures flexible electric insulation. The manufacturing process entails continuous coating or impregnating of webs of paper, cloth, or film with synthetic varnishes. The Facility uses a variety of non-halogenated solvents in the process.
- The primary concern was a variety of non-halogenated solvents in the manufacture of flexible electric insulation.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 25 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 24 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use .
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.