Honeywell Specialty Films
On This Page
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
Ms. Tracey McGurk
PADEP NE Regional Office
2 Public Square
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
PADEP visited the facility and met with company representatives on March 25, 2009. On
March 14, 2012, EPA determined that the Human Health Exposures Environmental Indicator and Migration of Contaminated Groundwater Environmental Indicator have been met.
The facility is located in Norwegian Township, Schuylkill County, PA. The facility comprises of 27 acres and includes a 200,000 square-foot of manufacturing, warehouse, and office space. Immediate surroundings of the facility consist of residential areas to the north, commercial operations to the south, and undeveloped wooded areas towards the east. The facility manufactures fluoropolymer film for the pharmaceutical industry and nylon film for the food industry. Soil remediation was completed at the facility following a leak in an underground transfer line of acetone in 2003. Groundwater investigations were conducted. In January 2006, PADEP acknowledged that the facility had demonstrated attainment of site-specific standards of remediation under Act 2, accompanied by a deed acknowledgement. The facility executed a Notice and Land Use Restriction on June 11, 2007 specifying the future responsibilities to ensure that the site-specific pathway elimination for exposure to contaminated soil and groundwater continues to be maintained.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 64 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 3338 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Honeywell Specialty Films|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo )
- The site's future use is yet to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Tran Tran (215)814-2079.