Avery Dennison Info & Brand Mgmt. Div.
(Formerly: Paxar Sys. Group)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Grant Dufficy
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3455
EPA/PADEP is reviewing existing environmental information to determine if further investigation is required. EPA/PADEP will focus first on the health and groundwater impacts, if any, presented by the facility. Once EPA/PADEP completes this review process, an environmental indicator determination will be prepared and posted to this website.
Paxar is the current owner of the site and manufactures machinery for printing clothing labels. Prior to 1920, the Sayre Brewing Company owned the property. From approximately 1920 until 1950, the property was owned and operated by the Sayre Candy Company. Paxar Corporation, formerly Packaging Systems Corporation – Fasco Division, has owned the facility since 1952. The interior of the plant is divided into several rooms that are used for storage, machine assembly, and administrative purposes.
Packaging Systems Corporation – Fasco Division filed a Notification of Hazardous Waste Activity on August 12, 1980 with USEPA. Hazardous waste activities at this time included generation and treatment, storage or disposal (TSD). The company was assigned USEPA ID No. PAD080879588. According to the Notification, wastes handled at the site were listed under USEPA RCRA waste identification codes F003, F005, K078, K079 and K086.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [ 4 pp, 32 kb, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [ 8 pp, 3430kb, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [ 12 pp, 3994 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Avery Dennison Info & Brand Mgmt. Div.|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The site's future use is yet to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Grant Dufficy(215) 814-3455.