Fulton Financial Realty Company
(Formerly: Lancaster Metal Science Corporation)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Khai M. Dao
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-5467
- Historical groundwater sampling data collected from 1988-1995 suggested that natural attenuation, predominantly bioremediation, is the likely mechanism for the reduction of groundwater plume size and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) concentration levels. The primary contaminants in groundwater at the facility are low levels TCE, Vinyl Chloride, and 1,2-Dichloroethylene.
- To confirm that natural attenuation is a viable remedy, Fulton conducted a study that consisted of four consecutive quarterly groundwater sampling of VOCs levels and the geochemical and microbiological parameters that are necessary for bioremediation. Results of the study concluded that natural attenuation is a feasible approach to groundwater remediation and migration control. Since 1997, annual groundwater monitoring confirms that through natural attenuation that the groundwater plume size and VOCs concentrations have reduced significantly. The facility will continue to monitor the groundwater annually to ensure that natural attenuation continues to effectively remediate the groundwater.
- In addition to annual groundwater monitoring, Fulton installed a passive sump discharge treatment system to collect TCE-contaminated groundwater from the boiler room sump. The contaminated groundwater is treated through two canisters of granulated-activated carbon prior to discharge into the storm drain.
- The Facility is located at 1695 State Street (400 feet north of Route 722) in East Petersburg, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and is approximately 18 acres in size. From the early 1950s to 1977, the Hamilton Watch Company operated a photochemical etching and fuse assembly business at this Facility. From 1977 to 1984, Lancaster Metal Science Corporation (LMS) operated a photochemical etching business. In 1979, Lancaster Industrial Development Authority acquired the property and entered into an Installment Sale Agreement with Fulton Financial Corporation. Fulton Financial Realty Company (Fulton), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fulton Financial Corporation, is the present owner and the sole operator of the Facility. Fulton Financial Realty presently uses the Facility as administrative offices.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 28 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 7 pages, 29 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Fulton Financial Realty Company||Fulton Financial/Lancaster Metals GeoSpatial PDF Map [PDF, 1323 KB, 1 page, About PDF]|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo or GeoSpatial PdF map)
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Khai M. Dao (215) 814-5467.