CSR Contraves Printed Circuit Group
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- After an extensive search, it was determined that after being bought, sold, divided, and terminated several times, CSR is no longer a viable entity.
- The CSR Contraves Printed Circuit Group facility received a Final Decision for No Further Action (NFA) from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on November 19, 2008. The decision to issue an NFA at the Facility was due to an Environmental Indicator Inspection Report, dated February 2008, which revealed that there were no known or suspected human health exposures or groundwater issues; therefore, there is no threat to human health or the environment
- The Environmental Indicators (EIs) were completed on August 22, 2008. The two EIs are called "Current Human Exposures Under Control" and "Migration of Contaminated Groundwater Under Control." The EIs completed reflect the decision of No Further Action and have status codes of "Yes, Under Control" for both.
- CSR began operations at 632 Fort Duquesne Boulevard, an approximately 16,000 ft2 building, on June 30, 1974. Circuit boards were designed, manufactured, cleaned, and painted at this location. By 1986, the facility closed. This former CSR facility was located in the commercial district of downtown Pittsburgh approximately 150 feet south of the Allegheny River. Due to the size of the building, it is thought that CSR probably leased the space for their operations.
- Environmental Inspection in 2008 revealed that there were no known or suspected human health exposures or groundwater issues; therefore, there is no threat to human health or the environment.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 131 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 139 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective action Statement of Basis [PDF, 4 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|CSF Contrave Printed Circuit|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The site is unused.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.