On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Hon Lee
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3419
- The Boeing facility is the first property to complete its cleanup under the Memorandum of Agreement between the PADEP and EPA Region III. EPA's final decision of Corrective Action Complete with Controls for the Facility became effective on March 3, 2006. The remedial work was documented in Final Reports submitted on behalf of Boeing, dated July 13, 1998 (Center North Area Site), February 20, 2001 (73.5 Acre Site), April 14, 2003 (Center South Area Site), and November 10, 2004 (Old Landfill and Former Lagoon Area Site). These reports were submitted to PADEP for approval pursuant to Act 2. PADEP approved the Final Reports by letters dated October 9, 1998, March 12, 2001, July 22, 2003, and February 10, 2005, respectively.
- The main plant of the Facility is located adjacent to Interstate 95 and Route 291 in Ridley Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The location of the Facility is shown in Attachment 1. The Facility is bisected by Route 291, with approximately 240 acres located north of Route 291 and approximately 107 acres located south of Route 291. Crum Creek, Darby Creek, and the Delaware River are the major surface waters near the Facility. Crum Creek and Darby Creek are receiving waters for the Facility's National Pollution Discharge Elimination System ("NPDES") permitted outfalls. They are tributaries to the Delaware River, which borders the Facility on the south. Local industrial groundwater users have been identified and are listed in the Facility's Preparedness, Prevention, and Contingency Plan (1993). According to recent investigation reports, no private or public groundwater supplies or surface water intakes are known to exist in the vicinity of the Facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 31 pages, 281 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 10 pages, 24 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 24 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Boeing Ridley Park|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr Hon Lee(215) 814-3419.