Exide Pittsburgh Service Center
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3455
This site has achieved Construction Complete without controls status.
The former Exide Pittsburgh Service Center property (Exide) is located in Bridgeville, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. The land area is approximately 0.5 acre in size and contains a 4,800-square foot building. Exide leased the building for warehousing, sales, and service of industrial lead acid batteries and storage of associated charging equipment. Wastes generated at the facility included wastewater containing trace amounts of sulfuric acid, a lead and iron sludge, and spent batteries.
RCRA Corrective Action activities at the site have been conducted under the direction of EPA Region 3 with assistance from the State.
There are no current or unaddressed releases of hazardous waste or hazardous constituents at this Facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 6 pages, 23 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 25 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 5 pages, 36 KB, About ]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Exide Pittsburgh Service Center|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo )
- The facility's future use is yet to be determined.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Grant Dufficy (215) 814-3455.