On This Page
EPA Project Manager
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
EPA and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) reviewed the September 2007 Final Environmental Indicator Inspection (EI) Report and made a determination that further investigation is required to determine if there is a threat to human health or the environment. The following areas need to be investigated: Former Lagoons, Former Wastewater Holding Tank Area and Associated Piping, and a Former Truck Washing Bay Area.
To address EPA and PADEPs' concerns, the Facility has voluntarily entered into the PA Act 2 Program while simultaneously addressing EPA's Corrective Action concerns under the One Cleanup Program. A meeting was held on-site on September 30, 2009 to discuss the letter submitted by Earth Data on behalf of Venezia dated September 18, 2009 proposing the path of entering the site into Act 2 and the One Cleanup Program as well as an investigation plan.
EPA will update this fact sheet when the investigation is complete and a determination had been made whether or not the environmental indicators have been met or if corrective action is required by the facility.
The facility is now owned and operated by Venezia which purchased the facility on December 28, 2006. The facility is situated on approximately 10 acres of land located on Rote 248 in Lower Nazareth Township, Northampton County, Pennsylvania. There are two buildings located on site. One building is occupied by Venezia and used as a maintenance and refueling facility. The other larger building is identified as a Terminal and is rented as warehouse space.
The Institutional Control is a Uniform Environmental Covenant executed by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection[9 pp, 528 KB, About
PDF]] which prohibits the use of onsite groundwater for potable purposes and requires the owner and each subsequent owner to submit to the PADEP written documentation regarding the transfer of the Facility, changes in use of the Facility, or filing of applications for building permits for the Facility and any proposals for any site work if it will affect the contamination at the Facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[ 10 pp, 57 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [ 8 pp, 163 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [10 pp, 184 KB, about pdf
- PA DEP Environmental Covenant - Deed Restrictions [9 pp, 528 KB, about pdf
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Venezia Hauling||Venezia Geospatial PDF Map [PDF, 1112 KB, 1 page, About PDF]|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo or Geospatial PDF map )
The site is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Kevin Bilash (215) 814-2796